- Do I have a drug / alcohol problem?
- Treating addiction
- Private alcohol and drug rehab
- Addiction support
- Facts on addiction
Published by Castle Craig Hospital
Professionals with drug and alcohol problems
Drug & alcohol problems at work
Private health insurance
Residential rehab treament through private health insurance
If you are covered by private healthcare insurance through a package which you pay into privately yourself or an executive / professional package which your company pays for you, you may be eligible for funding towards treatment at a residential alcohol and drug rehab clinic.
Many policies cover residential alcohol and drug rehab treatment - this depends on the insurance company and level of insurance package that you have chosen.
Alcohol and drug treatment programmes are often covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK, such as Cigna, BUPA, Aviva, AXA PPP, Blue Cross Shield, Aetna and Tricare. Admissions through private health insurance can be arranged quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing the admissions team have all relevant information and that the private health insurance package covers residential detox or treatment.
Steps for admission to rehab with private health insurance:
- Call your chosen rehab clinic with any questions you have about your insurance cover, the admissions process or the treatment programme;
- Call your private health insurance provider to find out if your medical insurance package covers residential rehab treatment;
- Request a referral to a private rehab clinic from your GP and send the clinic your healthcare insurance number;
- The admissions team at your chosen private rehab clinic will liaise with your private health insurance provider and arrange for admission.